We invent our own rules
Code of Conduct
Convo Australia is committed to providing the highest standard of services and upholding the highest standard of safety, dignity and well-being of its employees and customers.
The Code of Conduct (the “Code”) provides guidelines on the standards of conduct and behaviours you can expect from our representatives. This Code outlines the standards of behaviours we expect from our customers to ensure that Convo Australia and their employees can continue the best service possible.
Our commitment to you:
- Act with respect for an individual’s right to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making in compliance with any applicable laws and conventions.
- Respect the privacy of all individuals.
- Provide support and services safely and competently, with care and skill.
- Act with integrity, honesty and transparency.
- Promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that may impact the quality and safety of supports and services provided to individuals.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence against and exploitation, neglect and abuse of any individual.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct.
- Ensuring the provisioning of services adheres to professional codes of ethics, conducts and practices including but not limited to the ASLIA Code of Ethics (link to Auslan version) and the AUSIT Code of Ethics.
Your commitment to Convo Australia:
- No form of harassment, bullying or discrimination will be tolerated.
- Your interactions with our employees and other individuals through our services must be conducted with integrity, respect, and in a non-threatening manner.
- You will respect our employees and other customers' values, beliefs, cultures and religions.
- You will comply with all reasonable instructions our employees give, including all rules governing access to our digital platforms. We will seek to ensure that any such additional rules will be communicated to you.
- You will adhere to relevant legislation (such as road rules and laws) when using our services and digital platforms through any mobile device.
Consequences of breaching our Code:
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who breaches this Code, including disconnecting customers who breach the Code. Repeated or serious breaches of the Code may result in suspension and/or cancellation of the customer’s account.
Any breach of conduct should be reported to the Convo Australia management team. Our team will endeavour to take appropriate corrective action to resolve the breach. Customers may make complaints by submitting written complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving videos through customer feedback on the Convo Australia app or website (in Auslan).
If the customer is unsatisfied with our response, the customer may complain to the relevant authorities, using the links below which also include their complaint procedure.